Structure of a Discovery Time session
To give you an idea of a Discovery Time session is structured, here is an outline from the book and an example of Key Competency focus.
- Follow your plan and set up your classroom
- Explain the key competency focus and why they are focussing on it
- Briefly outline the activities
- A range of activities
- Time to share “this is what I did today”
- Works well to share before packing things away
- Some schools have found they can do this before morning tea and then come back to reflect and use this to lead into writing
Wrap up – Reflect
- Reflection links back to the key competency – “this is what I learned today”
- Students reflect and share examples of the key competency focus
See the book and FAQ page for more details.