Discovery Time – developing key competencies through activity-based, child-directed learning
Discovery Time is fun! “The best part of the whole week”
This primary school resource provides a creative, activity-based learning environment for your students.
- Helps teachers develop an active learning environment where children create, explore and work on problem solving activities.
- Self regulated learning has been identified as an important part of the 21 st century learner’s skill base.
- Discovery Time is an exciting resource for use in primary schools.
- Activities to help busy elementary teachers cater for their student’s learning
- The Discovery Time book gives examples of completed lesson plans with explanatory notes to support the teacher.
- The Discovery Time book presents key competencies for learning in an achievable form.
- There are great educational classroom activities to launch busy teachers into the Discovery Time world.
Our book comes with a FREE CD full of activities, recipes and posters for you to print
Plus planning template with writeable fields.
Build a class climate where students flourish.
This primary school resource is all you need to get started!
Buy now and bring fun into your classroom.
- follow your plan and set up your classroom
- Explain the key competency focus and why they are focussing on it
- Briefly outline the activities
- A range of activities
- Time to share “this is what I did today”
- Works well to share before packing things away
- Some schools have found they can do this before morning tea and then come back to reflect and use this to lead into writing
Wrap up – Reflect
- Reflection links back to the key competency – “this is what I learned today”
- Students reflect and share examples of the key competency focus
See the book and FAQ for more details